Young Catholic Workers Movement (YCWM)
"Good Friends, Better Work, Best Life"
YCWM is a youth desk of the Catholic Workers Movement. It is also described as the Nursery Bed of CWM. It organizes programs at Base-group/ Parish, School, Diocesan and National level based on the CWM core values. Membership is open to both Male and Female Catholic youth who willingly choose to embrace the values of CWM.
Members of the Youth desk are also automatically members of the CWM.
YCWM Work includes:
• Promoting CWM Values from the grassroots and grooming Future CWM Members
• Promoting practical education and nurturing CWM Culture
• Basics of youth work
• Individual and social learning experience
• Discovering and promoting the Talents and abilities of Young People
• Reflecting upon own situation and develop a life Perspective
• Participation and Possibility to experience democracy and responsibility
• Promote self-Organisation, Mobilisation and self-Handling
The YCWM National Team which was elected by the National YCWM Forum in 2012
• Sensitisation of Working values among young people
• Formation & support of Youth desks in CWM base groups
• Formation of YCWM clubs in Institutions
• Information and advice about the good practice of youth work
• Educational Workshops e.g. DO IT-Yourself actions, 72 Hour actions
• Training and preparations of young people with an aim of making them responsible citizens
• Individual help to young workers through correspondence,Visits and meetings
YCWM exists in the Dioceses of:
Arua, Gulu, Hoima, Jinja, Kampala, Kasana-Luweero, Kasese, Kiyinda-Mityana, Masaka and Tororo
In the effort to respond to Christ's mission in John 10:10
"I have come that you may have life and have it to the full",
the young workers believe to be good disciples to their fellow youth as this is outlived in our slogan.
Proud Partner of: